Workzone Traffic Management
- As part of operation, maintenance and development of a road network it is necessary to create
work zones, temporary closures, managing incidents and other planned and unplanned events. It is
therefore important to plan all work activities to optimize road safety, road space and
work efficiency whilst minimizing congestion, delay and inconvenience for all users. This course
covers all the requirements to develop and implement traffic diversion plan (TDP) to be prepared as
per the Qatar Work Zone Traffic Management Guide (WZTMG).
Minimum Entry Qualifications
- Knowledge of Road Work Safety Concepts
- Knowledge in Road traffic systems and management which may include traffic management, emergency
service management, fleet management, road transport design, incident investigation and reporting.
On completion delegates should be able to;
[a) Gain the skills to plan, implement, and monitor Traffic management guidance applicable in the State of
[b) Identify the purpose and benefits of an effective implementation of WZTMS.
[c) Explain the role of responsible person and their duties in various stages of WZTMS.
On completion participants will be able to
• Define the principle requirements of Work Zone Traffic Management and explains how to classify
works according to the activity, road type and work or event duration.
• Explain detailed processes in planning, Implementation, monitoring and decommissioning Work Zone
• Implement Work Zone safety principles effectively
• Explain about different Traffic Control devices and their effective use.
• Identify applicable sample layout plans as per their work areas.
Training Aids Used
• Multimedia projector for power point presentations
• Whiteboard and marker pens
Class/Instructor Ratio (for Practical Training)
• Maximum of 12 students per instructor
• Alternatively the course duration to be proportionally lengthened
|25-26 Aug 2020||18:00-21:00||19:00-22:00|