Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
Our SCBA training course is designed for workers who may need to work in an IDLH atmospheres in the workplace or be part of the company rescue team. To provide participants greater awareness and profound understanding for the practical use of SCBA especially for all personnel who are at risk in H2S and other toxic gas exposure at work or insufficient oxygen level in a confined space.
Our SCBA training course is designed for workers who may need to work in an IDLH atmospheres in the workplace or be part of the company rescue team.
Candidate shall be physically able to carry out procedures detailed in the course outline and must attend all the sessions to be eligible for assessment.
|2 Hours||English||‘SCBA’ ID card as per the standards set after training completion, with a minimum of 60% final exam score.|
|*Please notify us if an interpretation is required||*Validity: 2 years|
course benefits/ progression opportunities
During the course, the participants will gain an understanding on the practical use of SCBA especially for all personnel who are at risk in H2S and other toxic gas exposure at work or insufficient oxygen level in a confined space. This training also covers the proper donning and doffing of SCBA, its pre-use check, maintenance/storage and what to do in rescue operations.
This course is taught by highly experienced instructors & the trainees will learn:
- Breathing apparatus, different types and IDLH atmosphere
- SCBA parts/composition and working duration computation
- SCBA Pre-use check
- SCBA Donning and Doffing procedure
- SCBA After use inspection and storage
- When to stop searching during rescue operation
The program focuses on:
- Introduction to Breathing apparatus and IDLH atmosphere
- Different types of breathing apparatus in the industry
- SCBA – types, parts and composition, working duration computation and factors, pre-donning check, donning and doffing procedure, and after use inspection and storage
- Know when to stop searching during rescue operations
method of training
|Theory session:||Practical Session:|
|Webinar||Demonstration of SCBA pre-use check, donning and doffing procedure by the trainer and the trainee repeating the exercise should be done within 90 days.|
|COURSE TYPE: CLASSROOM|