Six Sigma Green Belt (SSGB)
Six Sigma is a customer-focused, data-driven methodology that is widely used to analyze and improve the performance of processes, products, and services. In this course, get the training you need to become a Six Sigma Black Belt. Green Belts participate in—or lead—Six Sigma projects on a part-time basis under the guidance of a Black Belt.
Learned skills are practiced and applied through individual and team exercises, as well as to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor.
Green Belts provide value within the organization’s Lean Six Sigma framework in a variety of ways. They serve on Black Belt project teams to help collect and analyze data, develop process maps, assist the Black Belt in certain levels of statistical analysis, and develop experimental designs for a particular project. These activities serve to support and accelerate progress in every project—which helps to maximize the organization’s return on its investment and adds capacity to deliver even greater numbers of breakthrough improvement projects throughout the company.
Attendees will learn how to direct Lean Six Sigma projects and obtain the maximum improvements from the learned techniques and skills. Learned skills are practices and applied through individual and team exercises. These techniques are also applied to the individual projects. Participants will be able to apply the concepts learned in the class to a business improvement project assigned to them by their management sponsor. This course will use Minitab statistical software.
Candidates will receive Green Belt Certificate from an international accrediting body upon successfully qualifying Green Belt Exams & other requirements as applicable.
This course is designed for individuals from diverse organizational functions-operations, quality, logistics, finance, production, engineering and other staff functions.
- Basic statistics is recommended. Basic college-level algebra will be helpful to understand statistical concepts is a minimum.
- Devote at least 25% of your time at your personal time to work on assignments
|*Please notify us if an interpretation is required|
course benefits/progression opportunities
- Function as a member of a six-sigma project team
- Lead and execute process-level improvement projects
- Collect process data and develop process maps
- Develop statistical hypotheses using simple statistical tools
- Design simple experiments and/or implementation plans that help validate improvement options
- Apply problem solving and quantifiable tools to an improvement project brought to class on the first day.
- Eliminate waste and defects by applying lean and six sigma
- Collect, analyze, and quantify data that enable process improvements
- Learn how to execute the six-sigma methodology.
- Work with process owners to ensure process gains are held
|Module 1: Introduction to Six Sigma||Module 2: Stakeholders & Setting up a Six Sigma Project|
|Module 3: Six Sigma Methodology – Define||Module 4: Six Sigma Methodology – Measure|
|COURSE TYPE: SELF-BASED LEARNING|
|180 Days||USD 175.00|