Site Traffic Management Supervisor
This course is designed to give participants state-of-the-art knowledge of the entire process of planning, designing, installing, maintaining and monitoring traffic control for work zones. This training is offered to anyone responsible for any phase of construction and maintenance operations. These principles, applied to maintenance and construction operations can save your organization many times the cost of the course by helping avoid tort claims and liability judgments. This short course is a basic requirement essential to all persons involved with implementing and modifying temporary traffic control plans for various situations.
The course is for people responsible for the planning and supervision of traffic safety at roadwork sites.
|*Please notify us if an interpretation is required|
course benefits/ progression opportunities
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Read and interpret traffic control plans for implementation in the field.
- Recognize, analyze, correct, and document deficiencies.
- Be an effective Supervisor who can effectively oversee personnel in the field.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of work zone standards guidelines, installation, removal procedures, inspection, documentation and supervisory skills.
- Basic components of a roadwork site
- Checking Traffic Management Plans provided
- Designing Traffic Management Plans for different work stages
- Setting up, checking and removing road works safety measures
- Local roads supplement
- Controlling traffic at the worksite, including Stop/Go operations
- Working safely within the protected area
- Effectiveness of personal protective equipment
- Reporting and recording accidents and crashes
- Plant and work vehicle operation and safety
- Worksite safety Audits
COURSE TYPE: WEBINAR