NEBOSH Safety Simplified
The course is aimed at anyone who needs an awareness of health and safety. It’s relevant to anyone, any business, in any location. Safety Simplified is an ideal introduction to health and safety.
After completing Safety Simplified, you will:
• Understand why you need to manage health and safety
• Recognise common workplace hazards
• Know how to do basic health and safety risk assessments and put in place realistic control measures
• Be able to help your employer comply with the law and good practice and avoid the huge impact of incidents and ill- health.
• Understand how to help prevent incidents from recurring
• Appreciate the benefits of checking your workplace and systems using inspections and audits.
1. Making the case for health and safety
– Responsibilities for employers and workers
– Moral and legal reasons and benefits
– Policies, objectives and resources
– Checking and monitoring
2. Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen
– Risk assessments
– What ‘hazard’, ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’ really mean
– Why we do risk assessment
– How you do risk assessment (five steps to risk assessment)
3. Stopping incidents from repeating themselves
A simple four-step approach to investigations:
– Gather information
– Analyse information
– Identify risk control measures
– Develop an action plan and implement it
4. Dealing with common workplace hazards
– General workplace issues, violence/aggression, substance abuse, stress, noise/vibration
– Hazardous chemicals/substances
– Laptops/computers and manual handling
– Work equipment and work at height
– Workplace transport
5. Keeping an eye on how things are going
– Ignoring the trivial and focusing on the important
– Inspecting the workplace
– Auditing – what, why and how
– Learning from good and bad practice
18 Hours (3 Days)
Is this a regulated qualification like the NEBOSH Certificates?
No, this is not a regulated qualification. It’s a training course but it is still created by NEBOSH, so you can expect the same top quality that our brand is famous for.
English – please notify us if interpretation is required.
Date: 17 – 24 April 2020
Date: 15 – 22 May 2020
DISS Courses cover more than 10 different HSE related topics such as First Aid, Fire Safety, Food Safety, HSE Management, Site Safety, Defensive Driving, Environmental and Hazard Awareness, Operator Training, and ISO Audit Management. With an expanding list of offerings, DISS is branching out to Business and Soft Skills courses as well.