NEBOSH HSA - Health and Safety at Work Award
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award is a replacement qualification for the Health and Safety at Work Qualification. This course will help you to:
- Gain an awareness of common workplace hazards so you can help to implement or maintain your organisation’s health and safety management system
- Gain practical skills that can help keep yourself and others safe
- Apply the principles of risk assessment
- Have a positive impact on health and safety in your workplace.
There are no mandatory qualification entry requirements.
It is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH recommends that learners undertaking this qualification should reach a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 5.0 or higher in IELTS tests.
This qualification is designed for anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job will benefit from taking this qualification including:
- Team leaders and supervisors,
- HR professionals,
- Facilities managers.
|3 Days (18 Hours)||English||National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH), UK|
|*Validity: No Expiry|
course benefits/ progression opportunities
benefits to learners
You will gain knowledge and practical health and safety skills. This will enable you to:
- Understand why health and safety need to be managed, ensuring effective processes are in place.
- Inspect the workplace, recognize common hazards, evaluate risk, recommend controls measures and assign actions
- Understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them.
benefits to employers
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award can help you to:
- Reduce incident and injury rates, and the associated lost time and absence
- Foster greater health and safety awareness amongst employees
- Improve employee engagement and enhance safety culture
- Secure higher levels of compliance with organizational safety measures
- Protect the business from the reputational damage caused by health and safety failures.
Achieving the qualification: The course has 1 Unit (HSA1) which is divided to 4 elements.
|Element 1: Why and how you manage health and safety||Element 2: Dealing with common workplace hazards|
|Element 3: Stopping incidents and ill-health before they happen||Element 4: Learning from incidents|
Unit HSA1 is a taught unit that is assessed by a Practical Assessment.
For achieving the qualification, one must successfully pass the unit.
|COURSE TYPE: WEBINAR|
|Upcoming Course Date|
Not sure? Request a call!
21-25 May 22
Upcoming Course Date