IIRSM Basic Safety Officer
The primary objective of the Safety Officer and Coordinator Course is to provide an entry level awareness course for those new to the coordination of health and safety. The programme will give participants an understanding of the key areas of occupational health and safety Occupational Health and Safety legislation and guidance. The programme runs over three consecutive days. There are a number of activities and case studies as part of the course to ensure that the key knowledge and skills are practiced. This course covers topics to provide necessary skills and knowledge about various hazards, legal requirements need to comply, how to conduct risk assessment and implement control measures to prevent accidents and injuries from happening. This Course covers basic first aid certification which is also an additional benefit for the participants.
Those who have recently been assigned coordination of health and safety as part of their existing role within the organisation, in particular HR officers/advisors, managers, supervisors, or employees new to occupational health and safety.
|*Please notify us if an interpretation is required||*Validity: 3 Years|
Course BENEFITS/ PROGRESSION OPPORTUNITIES
On successful completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of their organisations safety statement
- Identify the core contents, arrangements, resources, roles and responsibilities required to manage health and safety
- Identify the necessary policies and administrative controls required to manage their health, safety and fire risks
- Coordinate the completion of risk assessments of work activities
- Identify common hazards and risks in the workplace
- Identify sources of guidance and advice on health and safety and Coordinate the investigation of accidents, prepare reports.
- To carry out the duties of a basic first aider
- Day 1 – Health and Safety Management System
- Day 2 – Work Site Hazards and Controls
- Day 3 – Basic Fire Fighting and Basic First Aid
- Written Assessment
- Ongoing Assessment
|COURSE TYPE: WEBINAR|
|Upcoming Course Date|