HABC Level 2 International Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
The Level 2 International Award in Emergency First Aid at Work is a qualification aimed at providing learners with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to support emergency first aid in the workplace. The qualification on completion is valid for a period of 3 years, after which learners are expected to requalify. It is also recommended that annual refresher training takes place to ensure knowledge and skills are maintained.
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths.
Delivery and Assessment Ratio
To effectively deliver and assess this qualification, it is recommended that Centres do not exceed the ratio of 1 qualified tutor/assessor to a maximum of 12 learners in any one instance.
Guidance on Assessment
The qualification is assessed using the Highfield assessment pack and is split into two component parts:
- Part one: This component is assessed through practical demonstration of emergency first aid skills. The practical assessment will be recorded using the practical matrix within the Assessment Pack.
- Part two: Learners are required to answer a series of questions, to ensure that their understanding of the theory content meets the required standard. Oral questioning may be used.
Progression and further learning routes include:
- Highfield Level 3 International Award in First Aid at Work
- Highfield Level 2 International Award in Paediatric First Aid
- Highfield Level 2 International Award in Emergency First Aid and Defibrillation
|8 June 2020||08:00 to 14:00|
|19 June 2020||08:00 to 14:00|
13-15 June 2020
08:00 to 14:00 (Qatar)