Fall Arrest and Basic Rescue
- All training is conducted in accordance with local and international best practices as well as local acts and regulations. After successful completion of this course, candidates will be found competent as per Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations 1.
- All Fall Arrest Operators must work under competent supervision as per site/task requirement, ensuring a fall arrest rescue can be performed at any time as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 Construction Regulations 10.2 (e).
- DISS cannot be held responsible for any unsafe and unlawful acts or behavior as it is the duty of the technician to ensure his/her own safety and the safety of others on the worksite.
- Any person working on an elevated position, using a portable or fixed structure, to gain access and perform rescues at height, for example, telecommunications, utilities (Eskom power lines), construction work, and mining.
REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS)
- Original certified copy of I.D. document/passport (driver’s licenses are not accepted).
- Copy of valid medical certificate.
- Learners must have basic numeric literacy and be able to understand, read, and write English (special needs candidates can be accommodated on request).
|*Please notify us if an interpretation is required||*Validity: 3 Years|