Confined Space Entry (HSE)
Candidate shall be physically able to carry out procedures detailed in the course outline and
must attend all the sessions to be eligible for assessment.
During the course participants will gain an understanding on the legislative, company
requirements, recognizing hazards and gases, pre – entry requirements, safe working codes of
practices, be certified as an Authorized Entrant and Attendant for confined space.
Course Outline and Overview
Our Confined Space Entry course is designed for workers who may need to undertake
confined space activity in the workplace. This Confined Space Entry course is to ensure that
the delegate gains the required knowledge and understanding for the requirement of working
in a confined space safely, to identify all the various hazards, control measures and
This course is taught by highly experienced instructors & the trainees will learn:
• To define and identify a confined space
• To explain the permit-required confined space
• To identify various types of confined space hazards, including hazardous atmospheres
and its control measures
• To identify functions and duties of the entrant, attendant and supervisor
• To explain the importance of Permit to Work and Risk Assessment
• To identify Confined space PPE and Safety equipment, and various types of
• To be knowledgeable on the safe use of tripod
• To be aware in the emergency procedures
The program focuses on:
• Fundamentals of Confined space and Confined space entry
• Permit required confined space
• Types of confined space hazards, including hazardous atmospheres and its control
• Function and duties of Entrant, Attendant, Supervisor and Rescue services
• Confined space PPE and safety equipment
• Various type of communication
• Non-entry rescue (rescue tripod)
• Emergency procedures
Method of Training
• Theory session: Will be conducted in classroom using Laptop, Projector, Screen, White
board and other relevant props.
• Practical Session: Practical activity to simulate Confined space entry, and role play wherein
the delegates will perform as an Entrant and Attendant.
Upon completion of the training participants will be certified with a Confined Space Entry ID
card as per the standards set. Participants must pass a graded final exam with a score of
70% or better.
Duration: 4 Hours
Aviation & Maritime, Construction & Engineering, Facility Management, Food Production & Catering, Government Government, Hospitality & Tourism, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Rail
Confined Space Entry
Date: 2 February 2020
Date: 17 February 2020
DISS Courses cover more than 10 different HSE related topics such as First Aid, Fire Safety, Food Safety, HSE Management, Site Safety, Defensive Driving, Environmental and Hazard Awareness, Operator Training, and ISO Audit Management. With an expanding list of offerings, DISS is branching out to Business and Soft Skills courses as well.