HABC Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) qualification is for those learners already working or preparing to work in industry and that has been identified within the company’s risk assessment of First Aid and supports the role in the workplace as a First aider. Topics within this course are regarded by important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
The qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills in First Aid.
In order to register on to this qualification, learners are required to meet the following entry requirements:
- 16 years of age or above
- It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths.
- Practical observation
The practical assessment of learners for the qualification is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas. The recording of assessment will be via the HABC QCF EFAW Assessment Pack – Practical.
- Written/Oral questioning
Learners are required to answer a series of questions ensuring their understanding of the theory content is sufficient to meet the required standard. Oral questioning can be used to extract further information for these questions during the practical assessments, with the tutor documenting the responses, or when needing to supplement learners’ written responses, according to individual learners’ needs. The recording of assessment will be via the HABC QCF EFAW Assessment Pack –
- Accident Report Form Learners are required to show evidence that they are able to complete an accident report form. The recording of assessment will be via the HABC Accident Report Form.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development via the completion of any of the following signposted qualifications/training:
- HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (FAW) (QCF)
- HABC First Aid at Work (FAW) at SCQF Level 6
- HABC Level 3 Award in First Aid Response
- HABC Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (QCF)
- HABC Level 2 Award in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Automated External Defibrillation (QCF)
Weekday Class – 6 Hours
Sunday to Thursday: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Weekend Class – 6 Hours
Friday, Saturday: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM