- To Provide Participants greater awareness and understanding of the principles and good practice of Fire Safety and ensuring that they are aware of how to operate Fire protection equipment to a basic level of competence and to promote confidence in Fire fighting different extinguishing media and allow them to contribute to the reduction in fires and to reduce the impact of fires if they occur.
- Outline the Fire safety legislation and describe the key stages involved in Fire risk assessment with respect to fire safety in the workplace.
- Understand the combustion process and explain how fires are caused and providing examples of components of the Fire triangle.
- Describe the characteristics of Fire and Smoke
- Describe how fires are extinguished and state the safe operating parameters for the use of portable fire-fighting equipment
- Understand about the emergency procedures and identify appropriate actions to be undertaken during an emergency
- Fire safety legislation (Overview)
- Understanding the chemistry of fire
- Development and spread of fire
- Action in the event of fire
- Means of raising alarm
- Means of summoning the fire brigade
- Action on hearing the fire alarm
- Evacuation procedures
- Practical demonstration in the use of foam and CO2 fire extinguishers using our state of the art gas fired training system.
The Basic Fire Fighting course is designed for senior managers, Section Engineers, Line managers, safety Committees, and Company employees to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organizations policy and best practice In Fire safety and to ensure that the safety requirements are appreciated and enable them to review their departmental systems for safety, introducing controls or implementing changes as appropriate to ensure safety in the workplace.
Duration: 4 Hours
Pre-requisite: Must be physically fit.
Delivery Language: English or Hindi
Assessment: Multiple Choice Examination
Morning Class – 4 Hours
- Weekdays: 8:00 AM – 12:00 NN
Afternoon Class – 4 Hours
- Weekdays: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM